Today I’ve got a real treat! Kristen Desrosier of LCI Paper Company is going to show you how to make custom holiday cards — accompanied by adorable lined envelopes, no less. Okay, Kristen take it away!
I created these cards using our new luxe paper system, Gmund Color System, but here’s what you’ll need.
- A7 (5 ¼” x 7 ¼”) Euro Flap Envelopes
- 8½” x 11″ Text Paper (for envelope liners)
- A7 (5 1/8″ x 7″) Blank Folders (for cards)
- Scissors or X-Acto Knife (to cut liners)
- Glue (to adhere liners)
- MS Word (or other word processing or page layout program)
- Download Liner and Card Templates. Begin by downloading the card and envelope liner templates, drawn by Brenda Boucher, here. Choose from three fun designs: Snowman (which I used below), Upside Down Santa, and Holiday Penguin. Liner templates are offered as print ready PDFs, and cards are offered as PDFs and as Microsoft Word Docs.
- Customize Card(s). Next, customize the front and inside of your holiday card using the Word template or by placing the PDF into your preferred page layout program.
- Print Cards on A7 Folder. Print your customized card on A7, 5 1/8″ x 7″ (10¼” x 7″ when open) cards.
- Print Envelope Liners on 8½” x 11″ Text Paper.
- Cut Envelope Liners. Using scissors or an X-Acto knife, cut liners out using the light gray outline as a guideline.
- Place Liners in Envelopes. Place a liner in each envelope. These liners are designed to fit in LCI Paper’s A7 European flap envelopes. If using a different brand, the shape and length of liner may have to be altered.
- Glue Liners to Envelopes. Use the adhesive of your choice. Place adhesive just along the top edge to avoid a bumpy look.
Voila! That’s it. Address, stamp and send!
Thank you Kristen & LCI for dropping by to share! Check out more great projects from Kristen here.