Stationery can be fashionable, but a range created by a top fashion designer — in this case It Girl Charlotte Ronson — elevates the medium into an entirely new realm. The bright florals, velvet, lace, sophisticated graphics and undercurrent of wit that characterizes her runway apparel has been transmitted into her fabulous collection for Tiny Prints. The dynamic range is by turns sensuous and modern, surprising and sweet — but always gorgeous and always clever, the perfect backdrop for compelling correspondence.
I can only imagine what her holiday cards and party invitations, slated to be released in fall, will look like! In the meantime however, I was thrilled to get her responses to TPC’s Five Questions.
1. SS: How did you get into the crazy business of stationery?
CR: The timeless authentic gesture of crafting a handwritten note to express gratitude or share your thoughts is one that will never go out of style.
2. SS: Are there any design or lifestyle trends you are finding yourself particularly intrigued with these days?
CR: Bright ditzy florals that are full of color and lace details for a delicate touch.
3. SS: What letter, card or invitation first comes to mind as the best you’ve ever received?
CR: The invitation to my brother’s wedding. So far nothing has topped that occasion.
4. SS: What are your three favorite paper lines?
5. SS: Is there anything you do personally to keep letter-writing, card-sending and invitation using alive?
CR: Flirty and cheeky captions, they always bring a memorable, personal touch to each card.